Great Lakes Practice Transformation Network (GLPTN)
Healthcare is changing. The Great Lakes Practice Transformation Network (GLPTN) can help providers prepare. GLPTN is part of a national effort to help health care professionals – from doctors and nurses to social workers and pharmacists – coordinate care, lower costs, and improve the health of American citizens. The goal of practice transformation is higher-quality care – more carefully coordinated and with fewer unnecessary tests and procedures – leading to better care, fewer hassles, and lower costs.
Northwestern University, in partnership with other leading healthcare organizations, is heading the Illinois arm of the three-state quality improvement effort funded by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Enrollment for 4,500 providers in Illinois is underway.
Read about GLPTN’s successes in our spotlight features:
- Chicago Family Health Center — Fantastic 15: Improving patient care and health outcomes related to 15 clinical quality measures
- Erie Family Health Center — Implementing a workflow to improve HEDIS measure compliance
- Rush University Medical Center — Addressing the whole patient
- Advanced Primary Health Care — Consistently meeting QI Goals
- UIC/UIH — Rethinking how problems are solved with Lean
- North Shore Cardiology Consultants — It’s just good practice to focus on quality improvement.
- Northwestern Medical Group — Making Great Strides in Influenza Immunization Compliance
Collaborators: Alliance of Chicago, Altarum Institute, Indiana University, Indiana University Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute, Illinois Health IT Regional Extension Center, Lurie Children’s Clinically Integrated Network, Lurie Children’s Health Partners Care Coordination, Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Medical Home Network, Neighborhood Health Group, Northwestern Medical Group, Purdue Healthcare Advisors/Purdue University, Rush University Medical Center, Telligen, University of Chicago, University of Chicago Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago/Miles Square Health CenterBack to Programs