Prepare to Access 2016 PQRS Feedback Reports and Quality and Resource Use Reports with an EIDM Account
Prepare now to access the 2016 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) feedback reports and 2016 Annual Quality and Resource Use Reports (QRURs), which will be available in early fall. The PQRS feedback reports depict your program year 2016 PQRS reporting results, including payment adjustment assessment for the calendar year 2018. The 2016 Annual QRURs show how groups and solo practitioners performed in 2016 on the quality and cost measures used to calculate the 2018 Value-Based Payment Modifier (Value Modifier). Both reports will be available this fall.
Prepare now by either signing up for an Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) account or ensuring that your existing account is active. EIDM accounts are required for participants to obtain 2016 PQRS feedback reports and 2016 Annual QRURs. The same EIDM account can be used to access both reports. To register for an EIDM account, visit the CMS Enterprise Portal and click “New User Registration” under “Login to CMS Secure Portal.” For additional resources, you may also view the EIDM Quick Reference Guides (QRGs) located on the Physician and Other Health Care Professionals Quality Reporting Portal. You may access these from the middle of the webpage, under the “sign in” button. These QRGs contain step-by-step instructions for requesting an EIDM account.
Once you have an EIDM account, you will have to select the appropriate user roles in order to access your PQRS feedback reports and 2016 Annual QRURs:
Individual Roles: The individual roles are available to eligible professionals (EPs) or representatives of an EP that is a sole proprietor and is paid under a Tax Identification Number (TIN)/National Provider Identifier (NPI) for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS). For this situation, this would be the only EP billing PFS under this TIN/Social Security Number. The two roles are:
- Individual Practitioner – Allows the user to approve other role requests and access PQRS feedback reports and QRURs based on the TIN for which the role was requested.
- Individual Practitioner Representative – Allows users access to PQRS feedback reports and QRURs based on the TIN for which the role was requested.
Group Roles: The group roles are available to EPs or representatives of a TIN that have 2 or more providers receiving PFS payments under the TIN. These roles are not limited to those TINs that are participating as PQRS group practice but would also include TINs where the EPs under the TIN are reporting individually. The two roles are:
- Security Official – The first role requested for a TIN. Allows the user to approve other role requests and access PQRS feedback reports and QRURs based on the TIN for which the role was requested.
- Group Representative – Allows users access to PQRS feedback reports and QRURs based on the TIN for which the role was requested.
If this is the first time the TIN is being registered, please ensure that you have the following information:
- Individuals – Individual NPI and Individual PTAN (Provider Transaction Access Number).
- Groups (more than 2 providers) 2 unique Individual NPIs and PTANs.
Note: For those participating in an Accountable Care Organization (ACO), the role requests would be made for each individual TIN under the ACO. For additional assistance regarding EIDM, contact the QualityNet Help Desk at 1-866-288-8912 (TTY 1-877-715- 6222) from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To avoid security violations, please do not include personal identifying information such as Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number in email inquiries to the QualityNet Help Desk.Additional information about the 2016 Annual QRURs and 2018 Value Modifier is available on the Value Modifier website.
Back to News